Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards, as per the Policy on Communications and Federal Identity.
Recovery Strategy for the Engelmann's Quillwort (Isoetes engelmannii) in Canada (Proposed)
- Executive Summary
- Species Information
- 1.0 Background
- 2.0 Threats
- 3.0 Knowledge Gaps
- 4.0 Critical Habitat (Proposed)
- 5.0 Recovery
- 6.0 Action Plans Related to the Recovery Strategy
- 7.0 References Cited
- Appendix A: Members of the Engelmann's Quillwort Recovery Team and External Advisors
- Appendix B: Glossary
- Appendix C: Jurisdiction responses
Appendix B: Glossary
- a bulb like enlargement of an underground stem.
- a plant cell with two sets of chromosomes.
- native to a particular area.
- the larger kind of spore produced in plants that produce two different kinds of spores; it germinates into an egg-producing gametophyte.
- the smaller kind of spore produced in plants that produce two different sizes of spores; it germinates into a sperm-producing gametophyte.
- minute blunt or rounded projections on a surface.
- the chamber in which spores are produced.
- the reproductive body in plants lacking true flowers and seeds.
- the stage in which spores are produced in plants that reproduce by alternation of generations.
- a thin membranous covering or partition.
- accelerating the growth of a plant by subjecting the seeds to low temperatures.
- Date Modified: