Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards, as per the Policy on Communications and Federal Identity.
COSEWIC Annual Report - 2006
- Item I - COSEWIC Activities
- Item II – Election of Chair of COSEWIC
- Item III - COSEWIC Membership
- Item IV - COSEWIC Operations and Procedures
- Item V – Species Status Assignments
- Item VI - Wildlife Species Assessed by COSEWIC Since its Inception
- Appendix I
- Appendix II - Species Selected for Status Report Preparation to be included in the Next Call for Bids Fall 2006
- Appendix III
- Appendix IV - Biosketches
- Appendix V - Approach to Streamlining Reassessments
- Appendix VI - Guidelines for recognizing Designatable Units Below the Species Level
- Appendix VII - Detailed COSEWIC Species Assessments, April 2006
- Appendix VIII - August 2006 Canadian Species at Risk Publication Cover
Item III - COSEWIC Membership
See Appendix III for a list of current and proposed members.
- Members from Jurisdictions (Provincial/Territorial/Federal)
As the alternate member from the Canadian Wildlife Service (CWS) has resigned, CWS has submitted the name of the alternate member on COSEWIC. His curriculum vitae is on record with the COSEWIC Secretariat.
- Co-chair, Aboriginal Traditional Knowledge Subcommittee
A biosketch is herein provided for Mr. Henry Lickers who was recommended by the ATK Subcommittee to continue as co-chair for a further term of four years effective January 1, 2007, subject to appointment by the Minister of the Environment.
- Co-chairs of Species Specialist Subcommittees / Non-government Science Members
New /Renewed members were selected as a result of a process that was initiated with a January 2006 public call for members.
Biosketches are herein provided for the following nominees submitted for consideration and review by CESCC and subsequent appointment by the Minister of the Environment effective January 1, 2007:
- Co-chair, Amphibians & Reptiles Specialist Subcommittee – Dr. Ronald Brooks
- Co-chair, Arthropods Specialist Subcommittee – Dr. Laurence Packer
- Co-chair, Birds Specialist Subcommittee – Dr. Marty Leonard
- Co-chair, Molluscs Specialist Subcommittee – Mr. Robert Forsyth
- Non-government science member – Dr. Jeannette Whitton
All memberships are for a four year term.
See Appendix IV for biosketches of new/renewed COSEWIC members.
- Date Modified: