Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards, as per the Policy on Communications and Federal Identity.
Canadian Species at Risk
- Summary Tables
- COSEWIC Assessment Results
- Table 6 : Extinct
- Table 7: Extirpated
- Table 7: Endangered (Mammals to Birds)
- Table 7: Endangered (Reptiles to Molluscs)
- Table 7: Endangered (Vascular Plants to Lichens)
- Table 7: Threatened
- Table 7: Special Concern (Mammals to Amphibians)
- Table 7: Special Concern (Fishes to Lichens)
- Table 8: Not at Risk (Mammals to Birds)
- Table 8: Not at Risk (Reptiles to Vascular Plants)
- Table 9: Data Deficient
- Record of status reassessments: A to D
- Record of status reassessments: E to K
- Record of status reassessments: L to R
- Record of status reassessments: S to Z
- Names previously used by COSEWIC: A to P
- Names previously used by COSEWIC: Q à Z
- COSEWIC members
Species designated in the "risk" and the Extinct categories, as well as the Not at Risk and Data Deficient categories
Summary of COSEWIC’s assessment results for the “risk” categories (Extirpated, Endangered, Threatened and Special Concern) (487 species) and for the Extinct category (13 species). The results include the May 2005 meeting.
Summary of COSEWIC’s assessment results for the Not at Risk category. The results include the May 2005 meeting.
|Taxon||Not at Risk|
Summary of COSEWIC’s assessment results for the Data Deficient category. The results include the May 2005 meeting.
Results from the May 2005 COSEWIC meeting
May 2005 results by category and taxon.
|Taxon||Extinct||Extirpated||Endangered||Threatened||Special Concern||Not at Risk||Data Deficient||Totals|
May 2005 results by category and type of change.
|Type Of Change||Extinct||Extirpated||Endangered||Threatened||Special Concern||Not At Risk||Data Deficient||Totals|
|In a higher risk category(↑)||2||1||3|
|In a lower risk category(↓)||1||1|
|No longer at risk(√)||0|
Explanation of species status terminology and symbols
|↑||Species placed in a higher risk category after reassessment on the date shown.|
|↓||Species placed in a lower risk category after reassessment on the date shown.|
|↔||Species stays in the same category after reassessment on the date shown.|
|R||Species moved to the Data Deficient category from a risk category, or to a risk category from the Data Deficient category on the date shown.|
|P||Species that has been assigned to a different designatable unit than previously on the date shown.|
|√||Species moved to the Not at Risk category from a risk category on the date shown.|
|(no symbol)||New species examined on the date shown.|
- Date Modified: