Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act : Terrestrial Species - January 2015
The Government of Canada is committed to preventing the disappearance of wildlife species at risk from our lands. As part of its strategy for realizing that commitment, on June 5, 2003, the Government of Canada proclaimed the Species at Risk Act (SARA). Attached to the Act is Schedule 1, the list of the species provided for under SARA, also called the List of Wildlife Species at Risk. Extirpated, Endangered and Threatened species on Schedule 1 benefit from the protection of prohibitions and recovery planning requirements under SARA. Special Concern species benefit from its management planning requirements. Schedule 1 has grown from the original 233 to 521 wildlife species at risk.
Please submit your comments by
April 15, 2015, for terrestrial species undergoing normal consultations
October 15, 2015, for terrestrial species undergoing extended consultations.
For a description of the consultation paths these species will undergo, please see:
Species at Risk Public Registry website
Consultation period: 2015-01-13 to 2015-10-15
- HTML version of "Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act : Terrestrial Species - January 2015"
- "Consultation on Amending the List of Species under the Species at Risk Act : Terrestrial Species - January 2015" (2015-01-13) (PDF format, 9,505.24 KB)
Canadian Wildlife Service
Environment and Climate Change Canada
351 Boul St-Joseph
- Grasshopper Sparrow, pratensis subspecies pratensis
- Harlequin Duck (Eastern population)
- Loggerhead Shrike Eastern subspecies ssp.
- Loggerhead Shrike Prairie subspecies excubitorides
- Piping Plover circumcinctus subspecies circumcinctus
- Piping Plover melodus subspecies melodus
- Short-tailed Albatross
- Western Grebe
- Mammals (terrestrial)
- Audouin’s Night-stalking Tiger Beetle
- Dakota Skipper
- Gypsy Cuckoo Bumble Bee
- Mormon Metalmark (Prairie population)
- Mormon Metalmark (Southern Mountain population)
- Oregon Branded Skipper oregonia
- Sand-verbena Moth
- Western Bumble Bee mckayi subspecies mckayi
- Western Bumble Bee occidentalis subspecies occidentalis
- Vascular Plants
- Date modified: