Order Acknowledging Receipt of the Assessments Done Pursuant to Subsection 23(1) of the Act (2005)
The Order acknowledges receipt by the Governor in Council of 12 aquatic species done pursuant to subsection 23(1) of the Species at Risk Act (SARA) by the Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada (COSEWIC). The purpose of SARA is to prevent wildlife species from being extirpated or becoming extinct, to provide for the recovery of wildlife species that are extirpated, endangered or threatened as a result of human activity and to manage species of special concern to prevent them from becoming endangered or threatened.
- HTML version of "Canada Gazette Part 2 (Final version)"
- "Canada Gazette Part 2 (Final version)" (2005-07-27) (PDF format, 96.41 KB)
Canadian Wildlife Service
- Channel Darter
- Shortjaw Cisco
- Harbour Porpoise (Northwest Atlantic population)
- Northern Bottlenose Whale (Scotian Shelf population)
- Coho Salmon (Interior Fraser population)
- Lake Winnipeg Physa
- Atlantic Cod (Arctic population)
- Atlantic Cod (Newfoundland and Labrador population)
- Atlantic Cod (Maritimes population)
- Atlantic Cod (Laurentian North population)
- Date modified: